LUSTFUL AND PERVERSE THOUGHTS

 

LUSTFUL AND PERVERSE THOUGHTS

Job 31:
“I made a covenant with my eyes
    not to look lustfully at a young woman.
For what is our lot from God above,
    our heritage from the Almighty on high?
Is it not ruin for the wicked,
    disaster for those who do wrong?
Does he not see my ways
    and count my every step?

“If I have walked with falsehood
    or my foot has hurried after deceit—
let God weigh me in honest scales
    and he will know that I am blameless—
if my steps have turned from the path,
    if my heart has been led by my eyes,
    or if my hands have been defiled,
then may others eat what I have sown,
    and may my crops be uprooted.

“If my heart has been enticed by a woman,
    or if I have lurked at my neighbor’s door,
10 then may my wife grind another man’s grain,
    and may other men sleep with her.
11 For that would have been wicked,
    a sin to be judged.
12 It is a fire that burns to Destruction[a];
    it would have uprooted my harvest.

 

Psalm 101:3-4

I will not look with approval
    on anything that is vile.

I hate what faithless people do;
    I will have no part in it.
The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
    I will have nothing to do with what is evil.


II Cor. 10:1-5

By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away! I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

 

I Thess. 4:3-5

It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God…

 

I Thess. 4:7-8

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

 

Prov. 2:12-15

12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse, 

13 who have left the straight paths to walk in dark ways, 

14 who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil, 

15 whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways.

 

Ps. 101:4

The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evil.

 

Prov. 3:32

For the Lord detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

 

Prov. 28:18

The one whose walk is blameless is kept safe, but the one whose ways are perverse will fall into the pit.


Comments