THE SAGA OF MY MAID OF HONOR'S DRESS

 


THE SAGA OF MY MAID OF HONOR'S DRESS

    This incident occurred in 1966 while I was working at Radio Station WMIX in Mt. Vernon, IL. The program was administered through the high school's Office Occupations program my Senior year. We went to school half a day then worked half a day. I was a secretary.
    While at work, on my free time, I went to a bridal shop and picked out a mint green dress for my Maid of Honor to wear. I paid some on it each week until I finally got it paid off. The store clerk put the dress in a big, white box and I took it to work and put it in a big closet.
    When I went to get the dress after work, the box was gone. I went to each of the guys and told them to give it up.I thought one of them was playing a prank on me. None of them knew anything about it. Then one of them mentioned that he saw it propped against the wall and thought it was empty so he put it against the trash can. Someone else added that the trash man had already been there, so I realized that's surely where it went. I was sick.
    My fiance and I hopelessly went to the junk yard. It was huge with little fires burning here and there. We didn't spot a big white box so we left. We went to Mr. Kendricks's home. He was the owner of the trash truck. His home wasn't where it is now. It was on the poorer side of town whereas now he has a fine home. When his wife came to the door we told her our predicament. She said her husband took his truckload to be compacted. Our situation was going from bad to worse. We were getting ready to leave and here came Mr. Kendricks in his truck. He said he had taken the contents to be compacted but the business was closed. We told him the situation then he reached in the back of the truck and pulled out a big, white box. The dress inside was unscathed. I was inwardly praising God. That would have been a little thing to God but it was a big, big thing to me so He made sure the dress was spared. God is there for all things that make us anxious. We are to pray to Him about everything including every little thing.

Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

--Becky Wall

Comments