LIVING WORDS TO HIDE IN YOUR HEART

LIVING WORDS TO HIDE IN YOUR HEART


“Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, ‘This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.’ Ex. 24:8” (Jesus’ blood sealed the New Testament/Covenant and we are to abide by that covenant.)

Because they have despised the Lord’s word and broken his commands, they must surely be cut off; their guilt remains on them.’” Num. 15:31

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Deut. 8:3

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Deut. 11:18

When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, “I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way,” they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry. Deut. 29:19

Listen, you heavens, and I will speak; hear, you earth, the words of my mouth. Deut. 32:1

Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. Deut. 32:2

Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey it, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!” Joshua 1:8

“As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. II Sam. 22:31

“Go and inquire of the Lord for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the Lord’s anger that burns against us because those who have gone before us have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us.” II Ki. 22:13

Then all the people went away to eat and drink, to send portions of food and to celebrate with great joy, because they now understood the words that had been made known to them. Neh. 8:12

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times. Ps. 12:6

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Ps. 18:30

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Ps. 33:4

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. Ps. 33:6

In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Ps. 56:4

How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. Ps. 119:9

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Ps. 119:11

I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. Ps. 119:16

Be good to your servant while I live, that I may obey your word. Ps. 119:17

…then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word. Ps. 119:42

You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words. Ps. 119:57

Do good to your servant according to your word, Lord. Ps. 119:65

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. Ps. 119:67

My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word. Ps. 119:81

Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Ps. 119:89

I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. Ps. 119:101

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Ps. 119:103

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Ps. 119:105

I have suffered much; preserve my life, Lord, according to your word. Ps. 119:107

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Ps. 119:114

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Ps. 119:30

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Ps. 119:133
My zeal wears me out, for my enemies ignore your words. Ps. 119:139

I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. Ps. 119:147

I look on the faithless with loathing, for they do not obey your word. Ps. 119:158

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Ps. 119:160

Rulers persecute me without cause, but my heart trembles at your word. Ps. 119:161

May my cry come before you, Lord; give me understanding according to your word. Ps. 119:169

May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. Ps. 119:172

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. Ps. 130:5

My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9 Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you.
12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
from men whose words are perverse,
13 who have left the straight paths
to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong
and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked
and who are devious in their ways.
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.[a]
18 Surely her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land,
and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

"...your adversaries misuse your name." Psalm 139:20b

Proverbs 2

Then he taught me, and he said to me, “Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands, and you will live. Prov. 4:4

Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. Prov. 4:5

My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight, Prov. 5:1

My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Prov. 7:1

(If you) Stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge. Prov. 19:27

“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Prov. 30:5

Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. Prov. 30:6

So then, the word of the Lord to them will become: Do this, do that, a rule for this, a rule for that; a little here, a little there— so that as they go they will fall backward; they will be injured and snared and captured. Isa. 28:13

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” Isa. 40:8

I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand— I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, ‘You are my people.’” Isa. 51:16

“As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the Lord. Isa. 59:21

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord. “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word. Isa. 66:2

Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at his word: “Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, ‘Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy!’ Yet they will be put to shame. Isa. 66:5

To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it. Jer. 6:10

Hear, you earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law. Jer. 6:19

The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the Lord, what kind of wisdom do they have? Jer. 8:9

These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt—completely useless! Jer. 13:10

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty. Jer. 15:16

But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. Jer. 20:9

“Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces? Jer. 23:29

“Therefore,” declares the Lord, “I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me. Jer. 23:30

But you must not mention ‘a message from the Lord’ again, because each one’s word becomes their own message. So you distort the words of the living God, the Lord Almighty, our God. Jer. 23:36

Although you claim, ‘This is a message from the Lord,’ this is what the Lord says: You used the words, ‘This is a message from the Lord,’ even though I told you that you must not claim, ‘This is a message from the Lord.’ Jer. 23:38

“This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. Jer. 30:2

My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to hear your words, but they do not put them into practice. Their mouths speak of love, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. Eze: 33:31

“The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign Lord, “when I will send a famine through the land— not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord. Amos 8:11

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. Matt. 7:24

But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. Matt. 7:26

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Matt. 10:14

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matt.24:35

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Mark 13:31

And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.” Lk. 1:20

As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. Lk. 6:47

But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” Lk. 6:49

Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Lk. 9:26

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Lk. 21:33

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Jn. 6:63

Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Jn. 6:68

“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.” Jn. 12:47-48

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Jn. 14:10

Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. Jn. 14:24

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. Jn. 15:7

He was in the assembly in the wilderness, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors; and he received living words to pass on to us. Acts 7:38

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. I Cor. 2:13

…because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. I Thess. 1:5

Therefore encourage one another with these words. I Thess. 4:18

Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Rev. 1:3

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. Rev. 2:8

These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword. Rev. 2:12

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. Rev. 3:7

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. Rev. 3:14

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Rev. 21:5

Comments