MOM’S QUIPS & QUOTES


(I didn’t want to forget her little sayings,
So I wrote them down.)




I’m gonna kill two stones with one bird.

Pake your tick. (Take your pick.)

You zig and I’ll zag. (when about to bump into someone)

Would you like to say a few words before you speak?

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way?

Pull up a chair and sit in the floor.

If you worked as hard as you griped, you’d be done.

Anybody that believes that, stand on your head.

Aaaaah, shaddup.

“I’ll swan” “By cracky”

There’s not enough room in here to change your mind.

There’s not enough room in here to cuss a cat without
getting hair in your mouth.

When told to watch out for a puddle she said, “That’s alright.
I can swim.

When someone accidentally stepped on her foot and apologized,
she would say “That’s alright. I walk on them myself.”

When Mom couldn’t get her words out right, she would say,
“My tangue is tungled.

Dad was feverishly getting ready for a fishing trip one day.
Casey said, “Dad those fish will still be there when you get
There to which Mom responded, “Yow, and they’ll still be
There when you get back. (They were fishing competitors.)

When a bug splattered on the windshield, Mom said, “It took
guts to do that. Then she said, “I bet he doesn’t have the guts
to do it again.

Mom improvised the Hickory Dickory Dock rhyme to go "Hickory, dickory dock, the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck one and the other two got away with only minor injuries.

Another rhyme she butchered went "T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house, was the smell of fresh meat; they were cooking a mouse.

Comments