MY DIVORCE: D-DAY





Today is my divorce;
The judge hears my decree.
The stroke of his pen will amputate,
A long-time part of me.

Divorce became my last resort,
Broken covenants I must bear.
My heart and dreams are shattered, too;
I’ve awakened to a nightmare.

A wall had formed between us,
I can’t remember when.
I feel like Humpty Dumpty;
Who will put me together again?

I’ll meet with my attorney;
He’ll tell me what to say.
Our divorce is on the docket;
It is now D-Day.

Before we start, I’ll be sworn in;
The words I’ll say are few.
The marriage will end just as it started,
With the same two words, “I do.”

I think that I’ll wear black today,
A symbol of the grief in my heart.
I mourn the death of our marriage;
For this death will do us part.

Becky Wall



Note: In answer to my question "Who will put me together again?," I found the answer in Christ.

Comments

  1. SOOO GLAD you found your answer in Christ. God saw me through this rending of my marriage too and gave me Godly man to replace the tortured soul that divorce me. I have now been happily remarried for 21 years...Jesus did that! We met by divine coincidence at Books-a-Million bookstore. What are the odds of that??? God is GOOD, ALL the time. I'm glad you found my blog Fulfilled Christian Life...kat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment