A TREE IS TRIMMED


A
TREE IS
TRIMMED
It’s Christmas
and the tree is trimmed,
as laughter fills the air.
A tree was trimmed for Christ
one day and He was crucified there.
Lights shine bright upon the tree;
our little lights also should shine. We are lit by
the light of the Son, Jesus Christ, your Savior and mine.
A star is hung like the one in the sky so the Savior the
wise men could find. Wise men now search the scriptures for Him;
those who don’t to His presence are blind. Candy shaped like the
staffs of shepherds who first heard the news of His birth, are striped
with red, like the stripes He bore; He’s still the greatest news on earth.
Bells ring in celebration of the One who without a cry, traveled a road
from the crib to the cross; God’s Son was born to die. Gifts were given
to Christ at His birth, and God’s gift of His Son should please us,
yet Santa gets glory as the great gift-giver,
But Santa
too bows
down to
Jesus

Becky Overturf Wall



Comments

  1. Good Job, You have a gift that inspires people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mike. I wouldn't be able to do it without the Holy Spirit inspiring me so it truly is a gift that I greatly appreciate. But to be honest, sometimes when I have those same nagging thoughts about a subject I had no intention of thinking about, I say, "You don't really want me to write about THAT" (such as the article on baptism). I get no peace until I do. All writers, like you, could probably say that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment