PSALM 23: THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE

THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE
(Based on the 23rd Psalm)

The Lord is my earthly shepherd.
He always meets my needs.
Sometimes I need to rest awhile,
And then my soul He feeds.

He guides my steps to just the right path,
Away from temptation and sin.
At times I balk at going His Way,
But then I resume it again.

The Way is not always easy.
Sometimes it takes my breath.
The hills are steep, the valleys low,
And sometimes I face death.

But I will fear no evil,
For He is by my side.
His rod and staff, they comfort me.
While in His love I abide.

He uses His rod when I need a nudge,
And my back is against a wall.
He uses the nook of His staff,
To lift me when I fall.

He spreads a table before me,
With my enemies all around.
He heals my wounds with His oil.
My blessings truly abound.

Goodness and mercy will follow me,
While I make this journey called life.
Then I will live in the House of the Lord,
And be forever free from strife.

Becky Overturf Wall

Comments