ROMANS 7 IN RHYME



The Bible contains God’s law,
Which revealed that a sinner am I.
Because of God’s Word, my sins were exposed,
Yet I continue and don’t know why.

I don’t understand why I do what I do;
What I want to do, I do not.
Instead I do what I hate to do.
It is good that the law is taught.

How can it be I who do it?
It is sin in me, no doubt.
For I desire to do what is good,
But I cannot carry it out.

What I do is not the good I want;
The evil I hate I keep doing.
So if I do what I don’t want to do,
Then sin in me is still living.

This is the law at work in me:
Though I want to do good, I sin more.
My inner being delights in God’s law,
But my members are waging war.

On what a wretched man that I am!
I need rescued from condemnation.
Thanks be to God through Christ our Lord;
He has promised me full salvation.

I tried but I couldn’t save me from myself,
Yet the sin was replaced in me.
I no longer do what I don’t want to do;
Christ living in me set me free.

Becky Overturf Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table of Contents

TABLE OF CONTENTS