MOSES AND THE BURNING BUSH: I AM/AM I




I AM/Am I
(Based on Exodus 3)

"Am" is just two letters,
That means to continue to be.
It's a word that holds such meaning.
Add a word or two and you'll see.

To Moses God called out;
In a burning bush was He.
Moses replied, “Here I am,”
As if the bush couldn’t see.

I am the God of your father,
And the God of Abraham,
The God of Isaac and Jacob;
Sad for their children I am.”

I am sending you to Egypt,
To set my people free.”
Moses replied, “Who am I?
They’ll never listen to me!”

“I will be with you,” God answered.
But Moses questioned his task.
“If I say, ‘My God has sent me to you,’
‘What is his name,’ they will ask.”

I AM who I AM,” said God.
“Say, ‘I AM has sent me to you.
He gave your ancestors life;
And He is your father, too.”

Moses made another excuse:
“Of speech and tongue I am slow.”
“Who gave man his mouth,” God said.
“It was I; I will help you—just GO!”

But Moses begged, “Send someone else.”
By then God’s anger was flarin’.
Moses may as well have said,
“Here am I; send my brother, Aaron.”

“Who am I?” many chosen ones ask.
I am no one, can’t you see?”
But servants who are most faithful,
Say, “Here am I, send me.”

If the great I AM calls you,
To serve Him faithfully,
Though afraid and unsure of yourself,
What will your answer be?

Becky Wall



I AM:
the Bread of Life (John 6:35)
the Light of the World (John 8:22-24
from above...not of this world (John 8:22-24
before Abraham was born (John 8:57-59
the gate for the sheep (John 10:7)
the Good Shepherd (John 10:10-12)
the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25)
God's Son (John 10:36)
Teacher and Lord (John 13:13)
the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6)
in the Father and you are in me and I am in you (John 4:20)

Comments