RICH AND WITHOUT A CARE
A certain rich farmer produced a good crop,
But lack of storage made him frown.
I know what I’ll do, he exclaimed with glee.
I’ll tear all my full barns down.
To an average farmer this makes no sense,
But this rich man was full of greed.
I’ll build bigger barns, he said to himself;
I won’t then give up any seed.
New barns were built and the old torn down,
So, he could eat, drink and be merry.
He was ready to sit back and take life easy,
His troubles in life he would bury.
But God was angry with him for his greed,
And his lack of concern for the poor.
He said to the farmer, “You wicked fool!
You'll soon get what you prepared for."
That night he died and found no joy,
In worldly riches he left behind,
As will be for ones not rich toward God,
With no generous thoughts in mind.
Don’t become like the farmer and others,
Who hoard treasures and all they own.
In their minds, the Lord doesn’t matter,
They think of themselves alone.
Becky Wall
No comments:
Post a Comment